Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 9 by xtina

I have energy today!  I take one of my daughters to physical therapy every Tuesday afternoon from 3:30-5:00.  I usually completely dread this task as I have been doing it at least once a week for the last 10 years. It is a very draining task because I have to drive across town and then sit in the car so that I can avoid all the drama and cigarette stench the folks in the waiting room cook up.
Today, as my other daughter and I sat in the car, a feeling came over me.  I wasn't completely mentally exhausted.  This is HUGE for me.  Maybe something inside is, in fact, bestowing upon my body a strength that I did not even expect to encounter.
I am very thankful and very hopeful that this feeling will only grow.  Maybe I won't be so tired in my mind and in my heart and I'll be able to DO the things that I dream about doing, as small as some of them may seem.  I envision my family all together in the garage doing WODs.  I can't say this thing inside of me is hope, but it sure feels like it is.  It feels like my cells are jumping around together inside of me shouting "WE CAN DO THIS!"

My sister, Ru, will be coming on board this Monday, YAY!!
We downloaded the paleo cookbook Well Fed today, and I made the chocolate chili tonight.  It is seriously good.  I am not a very good stovetop cook, but even I think I got this recipe right!  Give it a try.  This will definitely be on my family's menu often.

Some other things I am noticing about myself: my skin is looking brighter, my hair is much softer, my lungs do not have fluid in them (I've been trying to get rid of this for almost a year), and I can literally feel my tongue isn't as puffy as it usually is.  I haven't had a headache today or yesterday, but my TMJ feels very flared up.  I'm hoping that subsides or even goes completely away.

I watched Food, Inc. tonight because I couldn't remember what all it dealt with.  It's so sad that most people have no idea what our food chain looks like.  And that food chain is entirely scary.  I felt proud that I know enough and have enough money to buy mostly organic products.  It breaks my heart that others do not, and I wish there was something I could do to help.

I'm off to browse Well Fed some more now!
-xtina

No comments:

Post a Comment