Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1 by xtina

Today went relatively well!
Here is a rundown of what I ate:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled, cooked in ghee; smoothie (coconut milk, banana, blueberries)

On-the-go Snack: raisins & a few macadamia nuts; black coffee

Lunch: 1 filet tilapia, 10 shrimp seasoned with Old Bay, 1.5 cups of raw spinach, a small sliver of avocado.  I'm trying to learn to like avocado!

Afternoon Snack: 3 slices of a very large red apple with 1 tbsp. almond butter

Dinner: Meatballs and green beans.  I think this recipe has way too much cumin.  I used 1 tbsp and that was still a bit too much.  I think next time I'd make the meatballs about 1/2 inch instead of 1 inch.  They weren't bad, but my kids didn't care too much for them.

I've had a dull headache all day, but that really is normal for me.  It could be tension rather than a withdrawal symptom.  Also, my eyes have been very itchy today which I usually attribute to seasonal allergies.  Keeping an eye on this (ha) to see if, by chance, this improves due to diet.

I haven't had a strong craving for anything today.



-xtina

No comments:

Post a Comment