Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 13 by xtina

Hi, everyone :)
I've been absent because I have been both very busy and very tired.

I did a hard workout on Tuesday (day 9) and then repeated that same workout on Thursday (day 11) as a benchmark for the official beginning of my gym's whole30 challenge.
I'll repeat that workout again in February to see if I have made an improvement.

What I have been noticing about my body this week:
My hair is way softer.  I have hardly any mucus in my chest and throat.  I feel a bit happier, so I guess my hormones are adjusting.  My skin seems to be brighter, and has fewer pimples.

I haven't really been craving any particular thing, but sometimes, when I am very hungry, I do wish I could grab some kind of junk food and eat it.  But as of  yet, I still have not cheated in the least bit.
Feeling proud of myself for that.

My kids have a long weekend due to MLK day & a teacher-planning day on Tuesday, so I will be busier than usual with my cooking.
I am hoping to get a bunch of meat cooked up on Monday or possibly Sunday afternoon so that I won't have to cook every time we are hungry.

This is so expensive.  We haven't eaten out, but have gone to the grocery store so many times.
We are at the point now that we have to decide what we are going to do to cut our grocery budget.  Decided to stop buying organic fruits & veggies, and just buy organic meats.  This is hard for me as I really wish we could afford all-organic.  But we can't.

Maybe some day!!

-xtina

No comments:

Post a Comment