Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1 by Dale part 2

I woke up ready to get to eating better than I ever have in my life. I am lucky in the way that my job (insurance adjusting) is in the slow season right now and I am able to be at home to cook my meals instead of trying to find things while on the road.

Breakfast-I started off with a breakfast of 3 eggs, a banana, and a handful of carrots. I realize these things may not seem like the best combination but it is so much food I just attack part at a time (something I learned form years on the buffet line).

Lunch- we prepped a little minced onion and garlic in anticipation of the big day. I added some of that to a pan with extra virgin olive oil and then cooked shrimp sprinkled with paprika. In another pan I cooked up some tilapia we had in the freezer. After that I sliced up some avocado and carrots and tossed them with some grape tomatoes and spring mix. I was missing my fat-free ranch at this point but I sucked it up and the shrimp did a lot to flavor the salad when I mixed them in.

Dinner- xtina made meatballs with grass fed beef and whipped up a delicious marinara sauce (whole 30 approved) we heated up some green beans and we were in business.

So far everything is delicious and filling. I miss some things already such as fat free cottage cheese and my deli meat(that has nitrates in it). I really really miss Babe Ruths :( In the next couple of days I am hoping to get some nitrate free bacon and pre-cook some meats to have on hand. I would kill for a Trader Joe's or a Whole foods around where we live but alas it's not in the cards so we we'll have to make due.

No comments:

Post a Comment