Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1 by Dale

Greetings and Salutations,

My name is Dale and I am a paleoflogger. I have been into different types of exercise over the years. I tried jogging, a host of different gyms, bike riding, walking, saunas, kung-fu, and pilates among other things. Earlier this year some friends got me into cross-fit and I feel like I finally found something that is a good fit for my personality. It allows for maximum results in a short period of time. It's challenging unlike anything else I have tried , it is very down to earth and not filled with violence against others the way martial arts is. The cross-fit gym where I live is full of great people who are highly motivated and actually care about people as opposed to the globo-gym type places elsewhere in the city. I am working hard and getting good results but there is just one problem. I LOVE FOOD THAT IS BAD FOR YOU.
     
     Due to the fact that I am 35 and overweight (6' 2" and 270lbs) bad food is something that I have to leave behind like some other bad habits of my youth. So in the beginning of December when I found out my cross-fit gym and my fiance were both doing the 30 day whole foods challenge I immediately jumped on board. Not only is it good to have a group of people cheering you on from the sidelines it's great to have a teammate by your side at home to navigate the challenge with you. My addiction to sugar is one of the big problems I want to work on during the 30 days. I also am very interested to find out more about the effect of inflammation in the body. I am hoping to be able to redirect my interest in food into healthier channels and foster my love of cooking as I work through a variety of different culinary endeavors over the next month. We have cabinets of food here at our house that is off limits as of today and more in the fridge that might go bad but as bad as it is to waste food it seems worth it to me when it prevents you from succumbing to an early bout with death or lessens the quality of your life because you are too tired or sick to leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment