Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 14 by xtina

I cheated again!  No, not on what I ate, but that I weighed myself again this week.

I lost four more pounds this week!!  So, I am down 8 pounds total in 14 days making my weight 200#.

The folks at Whole30 stress that this program is NOT about weight loss, but for someone who has been working out for a whole year and done nothing but gain weight, weight loss is definitely a big factor.

I received my lab results from the blood I had drawn on day 11.  Not looking as great as I hoped.  My total cholesterol was 225!  That is scary.  All of my other numbers looked good except for my hemoglobin which was 5.4.  The "at risk of diabetes" category starts at 5.7, so I really want to get that number down!!  Diabetes runs in my family very heavily, so I hope to kill it off before it starts.

I don't HATE cooking as much as I did two weeks ago.  But, my hands are so dry from washing so many pots and pans.  I'm finding that I love my cast iron pan more than I thought I would.  In fact, if it were a bit larger, I'd cook every meal in it!  We got rid of all teflon-coated pans and almost all of the plastic items in our kitchen, so our other pans are stainless steel.  While they may be safer, they are not much of a joy to cook in.

Several friends have asked what, exactly, I am doing to lose weight.  I was very excited to share with them as I really believe in this program.  After reading the Zone diet book and understanding what exactly our hormones do for our bodies, I cut down greatly on my refined carbohydrate intake.  This Whole30 is just a logical next-step for me.

All right - it's breakfast time!

No comments:

Post a Comment