Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 6 by xtina

Well, it's our first Saturday on the Whole30, and it has gone very well!
If you hadn't noticed, I typically cook very simple meals because I don't really enjoy having to go through several steps in order to get some food into my belly.  I usually use my crock pot at least once a week.
However, I LOVE to bake!  So, since we hadn't had any sort of foods that were exciting all week, I decided to give a very simple muffin recipe a try this morning at breakfast.
Here is the recipe:
1.5 cups almond flour
2 eggs
1/8 cup coconut oil
1 banana
handful of blueberries
Squish (or put it all in the food processor) the first 4 items & then gently stir in your berries.
Bake at 350 in a muffin tin for 12-15 mins (mine took about 17 mins)

They were truly delightful!  A bit different tasting due to the use of the almond flour.  But we all scarfed them down along with some Applegate Farms turkey sausages.

I'm so confused on what is considered "breaking the rules" as far as indulgences go.  I think if I were to bake a ton of paleo-cookies and eat a few per day, that is what they caution against...and that my breakfast was all right.  I know other folks probably don't worry about things like that as much as I do, but I have a very type-a personality.

OK Lunch: 2 slices of Applegate Farms deli ham, a cup of chicken/chicken broth, a cup of spinach.

Snack: A small handful of raisins and some macadamia nuts

Dinner: Hamburger patties seasoned w/ homemade mayo & fresh garlic; and spinach

I really want to make some chicken curry, so I will give that a shot probably on Monday while the kids are in school as I don't expect them to like it.

-xtina

No comments:

Post a Comment