Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3 by xtina

DAY 3, ALREADY!?

I'm waiting for this one big moment where I'm craving something I cannot have.  It hasn't come yet.

Here's the food I had for the day:
Breakfast: Smoothie (coconut milk, blueberries, banana) and one boiled egg, since that was all that was left.

I went to an 8am yoga class today, and it was lovely.  I feel good that I am using my old gym membership to take this class, and I may start taking some spin classes as well.  But, nothing beats CrossFit Five Flags! :)

Snack: Two slices of the Applegate Farms turkey breast and about 6 leftover sweet potato fries.

I read today that some of the meats from Applegate now include carrageenan, and that is not allowable on the Whole30.  BUT these meats had been endorsed by them even as recently as yesterday, which is why I purchased them.  I will finish them up, though, as I do my best to not be wasteful and respect whatever I plan on eating.

Lunch was AWESOMMME!
I had some more turkey breast and sweet potatoes, but also had a plain mixed-greens salad and some strawberries. It was all so simple and strangely (?) so good.  I always knew that I liked plain and simple things, but today I realized how much I ENJOY them.  It was a great moment of mindfulness.  Thankful for it.

Dinner: Roasted chicken, green beans, and strawberries with a handful of macadamia nuts.

I realized today that I need to eat way more vegetables than what I am eating, and cut down on the fruit.  I would have had another salad, but I ran out of greens already.  Trying to purchase only what I know will be used before it expires.

I'm still tired, sneezy, and pimply.  But something inside of me feels "fresh" I guess is the best word for it.
Happy Wednesday!

-xtina

No comments:

Post a Comment